BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 20 Frisky-free


So it’s winter. More importantly, it’s winter break for those who are still in college. As such, there’s a flood of people coming home for the holidays, and just about everyone in town is relieved and joyous over the end of their respective finals and looking for an outlet for all that crazy energy.

The result of this phenomenon? A mass population migration of young, 20-somethings who’s only goals consist of acquiring high alcohol levels and hooking up with someone they aren’t likely to see until spring, or if they’re lucky, summer break.

That’s fine and I totally encourage it since, about a year ago, I was totally on the same level as the rest of them. Unfortunately, I have something these liver-killing party-goers don’t: this blog.

Lately, I’m becoming increasingly aware of how many people are hooking up around me with random people for the fun and game of it all. And it’s fine, of course, but I do admit that I’m rather jealous. One friend pointed out that just because I was single and celibate did not mean that I shouldn’t date. Which was a good point, until we both realized that the purpose of this blog and, subsequently, my New Year resolution of sorts, pretty much kills the very point of a date: either to further a relationship (which I can’t do), or to get past first base (which I won’t do).

And we all know no smart man with a functioning libido or brain would ever take a girl anywhere without some kind of reimbursement guaranteed. Considering that both my financial and social, erm, ‘funds’ (I guess?) are rather low, I seem to be at a stalemate. I do very much would love to date and/or make out with someone who isn’t a female. Fortunately, I’m aware enough to know that even if I managed to find a boy idiotic enough to follow through with such an arrangement, it’d likely end badly for at least one of us. So, while it sucks, I guess I’ll be out of the game for the next year, like an injured player of sorts.

…Yeah. This sucks. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment