BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 32 (Recall) Schadenfreude


My sister refers to 2010 as “the Year of the Breakups” largely because within the past four months, several of our friends have broken up with their significant others (who are sometimes friends of our own too). I, myself, am a victim of the 2010 curse and I agree with the view.

What I don’t agree on is that my sister and others refer to 2010 as “the Year of the Breakups” with glee; As if they find some particular joy in knowing that so many people lost a lot of their loved ones and significant others and best friends. I mean, I get it; we’re all pretty young so it’s not like we were planning to spend forever with our girl/boyfriends. But still, it’s a little depressing to know that there are people who thrive in each other’s misery.

Worse, that one of them is in the room next to mine. 

Written 12/31/10

No comments:

Post a Comment