BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 59 (Recall) Picking up the Pace


Written 1/26/11

So the second day of orientation wasn’t as painful as before.

Probably because I had a computer in front of me the whole time to dissuade my attention span but it might’ve also had something to do with the group going over our benefits package.

Now, I know that going over it just basically means that I’m going over all the stuff they take away from my paycheck, but it’s my first time having a job where I have an actual paycheck for anyone to deduct things from in the first place. So yeah, I’m excited…about losing money.

And yes, I realize that I’m going to regret saying this soon.

In any case, I was able to spend part of the day getting to know a few of the people in my orientation group. Turns out that I’m pretty much the most inexperienced person of the entire group, which is fitting since I’m fairly certain I still have the immature mentality that I was gifted/cursed with since I was born.

The day passed quickly enough, with me managing to get home in one piece.

Later on in the evening, I returned home to have a lovely conversation with Gio on the topic of lost loves. He shared with me his personal saga and I would’ve likewise shared my own tragic relationship failures with him…had he not been an occasional spectator of the rollercoaster that has been the past few years of my love life.

In any case, I mentioned to him that I’d recently been thinking a lot about my high school boyfriend, Darren, especially when Mina and I went out this past weekend and she jokingly insisted that I chase after said ex-boyfriend since he, like I, had returned from our respective college to our hometown, me to work and him to attend Med school.

Gio was horrified at how funny I found the idea.

“Stop it.” He wrote. “You'll probably end up working together and it'll be like TV and it'll be horrible.”
I replied over facebook chat, “LoL. Hardly.” Although the narcissist in me entertained the faint idea that Darren would’ve been interested, I knocked the idea aside completely because, “Pretty sure he hates my guts.”
But Gio still insisted, “You'll end up fucking in the on-call room and someone will die. Mark my words.”

The allusion to the horniness of Grey’s Anatomy was not lost on me and I almost told him of how I actually found where the call room was and how my tour guide mentioned that the hospital recently got a contract with School X, Darren’s own med school.

But I figured it’d just give Gio more fodder to set on fire for me haha.

I slept late, completely forgetting that I had to be awake in a matter of hours…

No comments:

Post a Comment