BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 114 Annoyed

Lately, it's getting to be a problem in my house to be around my parents.

I've said before that I love my family, I just don't necessarily like them. Unfortunately, it's been getting harder to even say the latter part with a straight face. See, my parents and I don't have much in common, and when I say we have communication problems, I'm referring to the fact that most of our conversations happen in two different languages. So, it takes a certain amount of effort to put up with them; to put up with the Bible-bashing and conservative Asian-ness that has generally ruled my life since I was old enough to be terrified of the devil. 

And for the most part, I think I'm pretty accommodating; I stay out of their way and try my very hardest not to impose on them or their lives (minus having to ask them to move their cars from the driveway so I can get to work). The way I figure it, why can't I get the same treatment? I mean, I just live in the same house as them, it doesn't really mean we have to be so involved in each other's actual lives. I can't count the amount of times conversations with my parents have gone in the following fashion:

Parents: Do xyz (with xyz being some "family-oriented" event that I never got a voice in picking)
Me: No. I don't want to, but you can do it without me. 
Parents: HOWDAREYOUSPEAKTOUSINSUCHAMANNERYOUUNGRATEFULSPAWWWWWNROAAAAAARHELLLLLLLLLLLLFIREEE!!!!

::insert flames of hell here::

Like I said, I don't particularly like my parents on any given day of the week and, if I could go through a week without having any interaction with them, I think my stress level would go from an 8 to a "nonexistent."

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I should probably move out. But I'm really lazy and we have AT&T here. It's just a matter of waiting to see how long until those factors continue to outweigh my growing resentment and absolute annoyance towards the familial dictators.

No comments:

Post a Comment