BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 121 Purpose

In the Sesame-Street-on-crack musical Avenue Q, the puppet Princeton

Yes, I said puppet
laments on his inability to find his Purpose in life:

Lately, I've been going through the same roundabout...just with a lot less music. Now I know I've been bitching a lot lately about being so restless and bored. It's not so much that I don't enjoy working where I am now, but rather, I don't want my work to be everything to me. 

Everything that you see at work, the stuff that happens, the lives that are changed for the better or worse, you can't let it be your life. They told me a long time ago that you can't allow your work to permeate your home or personal life and I wholesomely agree with that policy and have done my utmost best to hold that idea firmly. But, the problem persists: what the hell do I do with the other 120-132 hours of my week?

I mean, sure, I could spend it sleeping and bumming around and spending a lot of money on completely unnecessary things. 


But somehow, even doing this still leaves me feeling so...blah.

In retrospect, I'm not even sure what it is I'd like to do with my time other than scrapbook or knit or watch reruns of Big Bang Theory. And while watching Sheldon Cooper attempt to act like a normal human being is always interesting, I kind of want something a little more. 

I guess I just have to figure out what it could be. Traveling will be fun for sure, but maybe a mission trip or two wouldn't hurt to do something other than just relaxing and tanning even more than I already am. Or maybe joining a Big/Little Sister program. Just...something to do with myself that extends beyond my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment