Written 3/5/11
Once again my fake family and I embarked on a little “quality time” together.
This time, our night featured sushi and the film, Rango, which was surprisingly dark for a kid’s film.
We originally picked out a sushi place we’ve passed by at least a couple dozen times in the area until we came in an realized it was as big as a ship container. At that point, we headed out to another place, grabbing a sticky table on the bar where the music made it impossible to hear each other unless we shouted. Gratefully, all three of us were well-versed in loud-ass-bitches-nese so it wasn’t too hard to adapt to. Nicky gave me a look over my shoulder when some white guy attempted to dance, I groaned at the Heat game, and Susie regaled us with stories about her family’s recent interesting encounters with her brother’s ex-girlfriend. We laughed, Nicky hungrily glared in anticipation for our waitress, I got sad realizing that my kalbi wasn’t made in the Korean way, and we made the extremely last minute decision to go see a movie, Rango, which I reiterate, was a very dark movie for a children’s film.
Seriously: There were more guns being carried by an assortment of unidentifiable desert animals than the last action film I saw. Nonetheless, it was very enjoyable in that “WTF is going on” kind of way. The owl mariachi band sucked me in though, and I think I might download one of their creepily somber songs at some point just for shits and giggles.

No comments:
Post a Comment