See, my immediate family (the weirdos I live with) have the collective warmth of a hot tub that hasn't been turned on in over three months during January in Colorado. And I really do mean "collective." The Baby Sister insists that it's because "We're Asian, we don't show that kind of shit."
Of course, by "shit" she means feelings, emotions, and affection. [the horror]
Daddy doesn't show a lot of "love," at least not in the usual capacity that Disney taught me to expect in life and Mommy's not much better. As for the Baby Sister, she glares when I want to be hugged or do a belly-touch (It's like Pillsbury doughboys belly-bumping each other) and generally flares her nostrils because it's just that exasperating to placate an emotionally-starved 20-something-year-old. To be fair, I am pretty needy for hugs and general affection...which led to the question: where the hell did I get all this emotional surplus??
It's like, generations of my families on both ends were deprived of both boobs and feelings and I got pumped full of generations' worth of titties and loveness.
I'm essentially the physical and emotional oddball of my family. Awesome sauce.

No comments:
Post a Comment