BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 198 Acid

I'm getting ready for a Formal for my freshman year of college. Johnny's fixing his tie when I leave my dorm room to use the restroom. By the time I come back, Johnny's got a sheepishly guilty look on his face as he apologetically explains,


"I didn't mean to. It was an accident," He insists, gesturing to my laptop...where part of the keyboard has been literally melted away by acetone that Johnny's managed to spill on it. The acetone belongs to my roommate, Ginny, but I'm pretty upset. Very upset actually, and it affects my mood and attitude. I tell him I'm understandably upset and my frustration shows. Within 10 minutes, Johnny has gotten equally irritated.


"If you're going to be like this all night," He says, "I'm not going to put up with you."


Like I'm a child throwing a temper tantrum. To him, it's just a laptop with part of the surface eaten away by severely strong nail polish remover. To me, it was my high school graduation present from my parents. I'm annoyed by him for the rest of the evening, even as I dance with him and wear his coat when we come home for the night. I tell myself that it's okay, that couples have fights like these all the time and that a good argument once in a while ultimately solidifies a relationship like ours. 


It takes a while until I realize that I'm lying to myself. But by then, it's blatantly obvious that I can't stand him anymore. So it's okay anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment