BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 238 Flashback

I hop off the bus and search for Ken, hoping he didn't have a hard time finding the makeshift "bus station" in the mall parking lot. He's pretty easy to spot, being pretty much the only Asian there and I thank him again for coming to get me as I throw my bag into his trunk. He shrugs it off and we're on our way.

Mikey calls as we're en route, asking how long it's going to take Ken to get to the restaurant. I smile to myself, thinking that I'm actually pulling this one off. It's hot and sticky outside because it's summer and it's Miami so it has to be one or the other at any given moment. We approach the booth and I spot Mikey's head in an instant: he's wearing a cap...again. Drew spots me as we walk up and his eyes go as wide as his smile as he points at me and I hastily put a finger to my lips as we walk up so that he won't give it away.

Mikey's face is complete shock when I arrive at the booth and it gives me a sense of happiness to see him in person instead of having to communicate over the phone or internet. It's a sweet moment and I can't help but think that it's perfect.

It didn't last, but I'm starting to realize that, just because something doesn't last forever, doesn't make it any less perfect than it was at the very moment you wanted it to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment