"Where do you see yourself in five or ten ears?"
It's a question everyone gets asked whether you're a five year old in kindergarten or a 22-year-old interviewing for a position. Teachers ask to gauge your mindframe and understanding of reality and employers ask to figure out if you plan on sticking around long enough to actually hold a job with them. And, as time goes by, your answer changes. When you're five you're probably hoping to have joined the Power Rangers and battling evil in giant mechanical/mystical Zords in between study hall. ![]() |
| Fuck yeah |
After a rough night, I text Mina (who I seem to miss so much more exponentially now that she's on the other side of the country) about my problems with a boy I love love love just a pinch more than I hate. She sends me back words of encouragement and love and ends it with her wish to see me "have lasting happiness..."
Because, like I'd told her before, in five or ten years, I see myself with the love of my life, starting our family (of four kids because I want them to have a partner to go with on the Disney rides). And I just can't, even when I try to, see this boy I love/hate as the father of my children. And it's kind of like the bitchslap of reality that knocks the rose-colored glasses off my face.



No comments:
Post a Comment