BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 299 (Recall) Tell Me About It

I talk to Jason as I head out to work.


He's kind of awful when it comes to calling; he works regular hours so I think he forgets that I'm sometimes at work when he gets around to calling me back. But it's nice to catch up on his life since I feel like we haven't done it in a while (this usually happens when there's a certain girl in his life). We talk about work, our families and our plans for the next few months and, of course, gossip because that's how we usually communicate. 


We talk, as usual, about broken relationships and our attempts to fix them. As he talks about his ex trying her hardest to wrangle him back into her life for the sole purpose of feeding her ego and her current boyfriend's jealousy, I think about my own issues with attempting to reconcile with the men in my life. I wonder if our standing ex-ships are appropriate, if I'm trying harder than I should, or if I should be trying harder instead. And while I mean it when I told a few of those exes, "I want to be your friend and I'll support you if you ever need it"I think there comes a point when I have to just chill out and accept that some people just don't want to stay in your life once they've left your bed. 


Ah well. C'est la vie.


Written 9.23.11

No comments:

Post a Comment