BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 313 Malicious

Not a lot of people believe it after meeting me and my sister, but I'm actually the mean one. 

Yeah, people get thrown off by how superficially polite I can be in the five minutes it takes me to meet you, engage you in small-talk and eventually get bored, but it's the Baby who's actually socially-aware and conscious of how she acts and represents herself. Not so much that she's a stepford wife as she is a nice person who doesn't like to make people awkward and generally avoid confrontation like the Black Plague. 

So when I say that the Baby has faith in the goodness of people, I truly do mean it. She believes that people don't do things with cruel intentions and that there has to be a good, valid reason behind their actions and that some actions are completely justifiable and shouldn't be punished (i.e. our father nearly burning down our home multiple times by leaving the stove on and then "just lying down for a minute"). Mila takes this stance on a higher plane, with that level of good-heartedness you don't find in many people, the kind that might politely smile at jokes about autistic children but is generally appalled at the thought of making fun of the mentally ill.

...I, on the other hand, am not so nice. I think there are jackasses in the world who are simply just jackasses. Not that they're born with the donkey ears and tails, but that they grow up throughout their lives with a certain feeling that what they do and how they impact others just doesn't.fucking.matter. 

Some may refer to them as sociopaths. Since I can't get all of them into a psych evaluation to confirm this one way or the other, I just collectively call this subgroup of the human species "selfish jackasses" and "stupid bitches." These people (in case you can't infer from the prefacing adjectives) just don't give a fuck. They do things, take things, hurt others and then turn around with either one of my two favorite counters, 1) minimize their actions because, "Well, shit I only smacked your face with a crowbar not shoto you with a gun!" or 2) victimize themselves so that people forget that they've got victims of their own. 

I'm sure someone's written a paper on jackasses and bitches with prettier words and in more powerful, wide-reaching and better-formatted mediums than this, but I guess it's one of those general rules of society: there's always some jerk who chooses to be unaccountable for their actions and debts in the world. And as a fan of karma, I like to believe that those debts rack up and catch up sooner or later... and that thought wraps around me like a blanket fresh from the dryer when I sleep at night... or days when I'm working. 

I wonder if everyone else can say the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment