I'm going to do it. I'm going to grow an ass so fabulous that I won't be able to stop smacking myself out of pure enjoyment.
"It's all about how you think of it," He tells me. "You can't think about work, about the errands you have to do later. Just think, 'great ass, great thighs' and you'll get them all!"
I work through machines I've never even considered touching and enter into Muscle Territory deeper than I could have imagined. It's fascinating, sweaty, and overall smells like the steel. I've never trained for anything in my life, not even the 5K I ran earlier. And I tell him so, marveling at how he's managed to keep his body in such gorgeous shape over the last three decades (to be fair, he spent a few of those years competing).
"Well, you know, it's like a foreign language," He tells me, as he works on his quads and I actually see the damn things quiver. "If you don't do it regularly, you're going to lose a lot of what you've gained. Now I work out six times a week-"
My eyes bulge. "Oh my God that's crazy!" And I thought going in 3 times a week was intense...
"-twice a day."
...and my body hurts just thinking of that. Seriously?? That's too intense. But I take in his arms, pecs, and legs (the quivering!) and I figure, hell, why the fuck not??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment