BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 352 Full

This is my first Christmas ever that I actually have a job, which means that it's the first Christmas ever that I can actually buy things for the people I love!!
Okay, maybe not that many
One such thing that I wanted to get, was a replacement for our 13-year-old, humongous and excessively bulky TV set. About a month ago, I found a gorgeous 60" LCD screen and decided that, on Black Friday, that sucker was going to be mine. 

So when the Baby comes home ahead of me to find our 13-year-old, humongous and excessively bulky TV set out of commission and Daddy in the midst of installing a brand, spanking new TV screen, she can't help herself,
"Nyoooooooooooo!!!!!" She shouts, "What.have.you.done?!?!?!?!"

 My parents look at her like she's crazy until she explains that I planned on bringing home a new TV, at which point my mother decides she wants to return the brand, spanking new 55" TV for the 5-inches-bigger screen that I originally planned to get the family. I promptly turn her down. 


This, however, does bring in the new problem of me not having any present to provide my parents with, so the Baby and I spend the following day scouring for presents for my family, in the process falling madly in love with a $1,200 Burberry bag in Nordstrom and running into two of my coworkers.
Hours later, the Baby and I head out with fabulous clothes and a few presents that I know a few people are going to love. A little after coming home, I join the Daddy. He's been having back problems lately, and I join him in the waiting room before he has to be brought in for his MRI. I suspect he's just worried and doesn't want to be there on his own, and it's at this moment that I think this is where I got my hospital-phobia from. 


I hold his watch and wallet and other miscellaneous items and walk with him to the MRI machine. He complains that he's cold and jokes with the tech, eventually lying down on the machine and falling asleep while I sit by him and classic music plays overhead. It's one of those moments that hones in how time is passing, how old my father's getting and how I'm supposed to get getting older too...

When I leave to join Nicky for our gym session, the Baby's taking down a list of his favorite 60-70s tunes and when I return hours later (sweatier and in great pain) I'll find the Baby and Daddy blasting (literally, blasting) My Endless Love on the entertainment system, leading up to Daddy doing quite possibly the most hilarious dance I've EVER seen to Knock Three Times that makes me roll on the floor with laughter for a solid 5 minutes.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment