Nicky agrees. We're running late (like, really, really late) and we're both fairly certain that Susie will not be pleased that we're rolling to her house so late. As we sit at a red light, I groan over parents picking up their children and hold my compact out of my driver side window, dusting my cover-up on while Nicky laughs, "Only girls can get away with this crap."
After a moment, we realize that we've forgotten something important: more important than our tickets....
"Oh my God. We don't have alcohol!"
"Oh noooooo~"
"I know we're running late...but do you think she'll kill us for sure if we stop by somewhere to get liq?"
A few minutes (and a semi-hardly-life-threatening experience) later, we turn into Susie's complex, where she's not too mad about us rolling in 30 minutes later than what we'd originally planned... but she does give us a super dead-panned face when we suggest stopping by a Publix to get alcohol.
What follows is a definite life-threatening experience where Nicky and I discover how terrifying Susie's driving can be when she's impatient.
"Good thing I didn't take the front seat," Nicky quips after Susie takes a turn sharper than a needle that has us both gripping our seats in horror. "You'll be the first to see death coming"
We manage to shatter a bottle of Green Apple Smirnoff before making a quick getaway to Susie's gigantic SUV of death and head out to the Black Eyed Peas concert. About half an hour and a few drinks later during daylight hours,
we roll up to the Sun Life Stadium excited, slightly tipsy and in general awe of the rest of the concert-goers around us who've posted outside their cars with various amenities including lawn chairs, take-out food, and coolers with shotglasses.
"We are clearly amateurs at this." Nicky says as we watch a couple in a hatchback pull out shotglasses before heading to the stadium. We make Susie chug her share of our alcohol before rushing inside and I will my bladder not to empty itself before I run into a bathroom. The show starts about an hour late with Cee Lo and Jason Derulo cruising by while we wait....and wait...and wait for the main show to kick off.
In the mean time, we get matching shirts and matching drinks
And I make use of a pair of binoculars that a man across the nosebleed section brought along.
Ultimately, the show is great, I bang my head a little too much and generally have a really good time with Susie and Nicky (who finds a delicious arepa that I'm suddenly craving). The concert will end around midnight and we'll all be proud of ourselves for being such big girls and staying up way past our respective bedtimes.
[We eventually hit up a Denny's that takes 2.5 hours to serve us our damn food and we all hit the sack pretty hard and fast when we get home. Success? Of course.]





No comments:
Post a Comment