It's that dreaded time of the month again. Nope, not when I have to suffer through Aunt Flo's visit; worse: it's time to make my monthly deposits.
Like the rest of the civilized culture of the US, I have credit cards with multiple banks. As a result, I need to make payments and deposits on said credit cards at least once a month. It's not really a bad errand...save for one bank in particular that's the only one of its branch within 30 miles...which means that there's always, always, al-fucking-ways busy. Like, line-out-the-door busy.
So, since I know I'm gonna be stuck in line for at least twenty minutes, I grab a grande frap and a scone before driving out to the bank and eventually making friends with the man ahead of me, a self-described "gringo who sells tortillas."
The line moves faster when you've got company talking smack with you and I run out with barely an inch left in my frappucino. I then head out to the mall to embark on the hardest task known to mankind: buying my mother a present.
See, my mom has everything. Like, literally everything. She has all the baubles, clothes, and accessories that she could possibly want. My dad is the same, but it's always fun to buy him something because he likes getting new tech toys that the entire family can play with. Mom, on the other hand, is so difficult to buy for. So difficult, in fact, that the Baby and I spend hours and hours moving in and out of a dozen stores attempting to even grasp an idea of an idea of what the fuck to get this woman.
We get hysterical. Like, super hysterical by the time we walk out of a jewelry store where I nearly spent $700 on a cross necklace we both knew was totally out of Mom's tastes. We're near-tears by the time we walk off and I'm ready to drop any amount of money for anything at this point. It's that frustrating to buy this woman a present. We finally, finally, finally settle on what we're going to get her before the Baby has to run off to class/work, and I turn around to get into my car...and fall asleep.
Yes, I became that vagrant girl who sleeps in her car. And I felt fabulous.
A few hours later, I collapse in my actual bed before my dad excitedly nudges me awake several times, urging me to get my present for mom because he just wants to show off what he got her. His present turns out to be a mass amount of bling for his wife, which goes rather nicely with the new outfits the Baby and I managed to get her too.
We have dinner (my treat) and walk around the mall, something I love to do at this time of the year, when the lights are up and it's so wonderfully romantic and lovely. It's one of those moments that make me wish I had someone to hold my hand to walk through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment