BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 380 Cap and Gown

My Baby graduated today. 

I'm proud and happy and exhausted from quite possibly my busiest weekend in months. Between our novena this Saturday and the wedding from last night, my feet hurt, I've had a total of 9 hours since Saturday morning, and I don't expect to make it to the end of the day. 

Whether it's the caffeine or the adrenaline rush of seeing my Baby sister finally graduate, I conjure enough energy to stay awake throughout the day, jumping to my feet when the Baby's name gets announced, screaming my little heart out along with my family, Billy and his mother. Together, we shout and cheer so loudly that the Baby actually looks back at us as she walks away from platform, incredulous and embarrassed, but still laughing.

She takes her seat and, within moments, streamers burst into the air, the announcer congratulating the Class of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment