Now, I don’t party that often. I drink, yes, but partying isn’t really my scene. My idea of a good time involves chilling out at a bar or someone’s couch drinking with friends and talking mad shit.
I get exhausted pretty easily from one night alone, so just the thought of going out a third night was exceptionally daunting and enough to make me want to stay in bed for the whole day. Turns out, Cici and Annie wanted to go to the beach so off we went. The weather was nice and cool, but too cold to get into the water and the beach was pretty sparse with people. Most of them were clearly tourists (my favorite ones are the Asians who come fully dressed with socks and umbrellas to avoid getting dark) but I only saw a father and son getting into the water. I predicted a horrible case of pneumonia for the boy before the end of the week.
Afterwards, the girls were hungry so we scoured the beachfronts for a restaurant that wasn’t horrendously over-priced. We had terrible service, but the food was good enough to overlook that and we took off to find the gelato place that the cast of Jersey Shore worked at during their reality show in Miami. By the time we left, it was dark out and I remembered that I hated walking in the streets without the boys or a really big, blunt object to fend off the creepers.
By the time we got home, my sister was pooped but we still had to get ready to go out to yet another club in a few hours. So I showered quickly and ran off to get alcohol and fill up the tank before coming home and doing my hair while I changed into three different dresses. Before we left, I insisted on shots and, by the time we were half-way there, I was about a 6 on my “1 to fucked up scale.”
I could tell because I couldn’t feel my cheeks anymore. The rest of the night was one fantastically wonderfully drunken blur. I danced a lot on the platform and pulled a lot of girls up to dance too. Actually, I think I did more dancing than talking for the next couple of hours.
For that matter, my thighs are still on fire.
Awesome. Our friends showed up and they danced in the crowd and I apparently had a rally rag or something at some point in the night because I was swishing that thing everywhere I went. I might’ve hit some people. But I was too happy and tipsy that I really didn’t care. For once, Cici and Annie didn’t find guys to get them alcohol. Shocking, I know.
Either way, perhaps my first happy night.

No comments:
Post a Comment