BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 12 (Recall) Nap ASAP Part 2


After my sister recovered from her hangover and Cici replaced her phone that Annie had dropped into alcohol the night before, we managed to get ready to go out again.

Before leaving though, Annie and Cici made the family dinner, which was fantastic but of course, our parents wouldn’t let up on the fact that my sister and I aren’t exactly domesticated goddesses. I was tempted to point out that we weren’t drug distributers or users with limited religious beliefs either like our houseguests, but I’ve learned that letting my parents live in their happy blissfully unaware world works so much better for me in the long run.

Since the previous night was such a bomb, we were hoping for a better evening, heading out to a club on South Beach, riding with Gilly and Joy. Now, I don’t really enjoy clubbing. You have to get there early to avoid paying cover unless you know a promoter, drinks are ridiculously expensive, parking’s a bitch and a half, and looking pretty is not one of my talents. Suffice to say, I don’t normally enjoy it unless I’ve been drinking heavily before we arrive to our destination, but I had high hopes for this outing.

…I shouldn’t have.

Turns out, the crowd was dead. You’d think it’d be better on a Thursday night, but I guess no one wanted to come out in the cold ass weather (by Miami standards). Either way, we made the most of it and the first part of the evening was pretty good since I still had my buzz. I danced on the lit platforms when the go-go girls took a break, and generally had a good time. We ended up rotating around the room a lot though, since it turned out that there were a few guys who were literally just hovering nearby us the entire night. It was little creepy and it was one of those moments where I wished we brought some of our boy friends with us to use as cock-blocks.
If anything, that’s the one thing I can’t stand about going out; creepy men and guys who think you’re interested in them when you’re really really not. I especially wanna deck a fucker when they come up behind me and assume it’s ok to put their hands on me.

FYI: it’s not. And if I had a bat, I’d swing it at their heads.

There’s only so many times you can run away from them before you hope you get the message and back the fuck off. When I was in college, it was always acceptable to shoot them down with a glare. But here, they’re persistent and irritating and you risk pissing off big guys on the floor.
Cici and Annie didn’t seem to mind too much, but they were working the room and I’m pretty sure they found at least half a dozen if not more guys to give them drinks and t heir numbers to. I was stuck between being awed and horrified. I think it’s pretty impressive when girls can get that much attention from men, but at the same time I never think that it’s “okay” to make friends or connections at a bar or club. The entire scenario screams like the beginnings of a bad Lifetime movie. But, it works for them so I took a few sips here and there and rode out my buzz.

Either way, we enjoyed what we could but it was largely a huge bust by the end of the night. The crowd thinned out and soon enough, the only people left on the floor were the creepy guys standing off the sides of the room just watching. Needless to say, it was not fun. But we still left around 4 am, finally getting back home at around 6 am. My dad was getting ready to leave to go to work by then and I was nice and sober.

Summary of evening: Fail-night part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment