BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 35 Sunrise

My NYE started with Mass, moved on to fantastic food, and then a tortuous countdown to the actual New Year, which was followed by setting off some extraordinary (and illegal fireworks).

That last part of the night went by pretty well…until a few of the fireworks that we’d set up either got knocked over or set on fire.

You know how fireworks get shot up in the sky and then blow up like crazy?

Weeeeeeeeeeell, that pretty much happened at ground level instead.

The result? Kai’s shoe got set on fire (his corresponding foot bruised like crazy), Cue’s elder sister got burned along her neck and on her brand-new dress (she jokingly demanded that Kai buy her a new one), and even my dad got a nice, bulging bruise on his left shin.

Gotta say, this New Year doesn’t look too good at the moment. Amusing, yes, but definitely dangerous on some level. (I think the latter part of that situation makes me giggle in anticipation)

In any case, I suppose it’s only fitting that the first entry of the New Year should be spent on how I plan on spending the rest of it. Ergo, adore my resolutions.

1) Be single and celibate! (Shocker there haha.) As the basis of this entire project, I really hope to stick to this one. Of course, that’s not the only reason to keep to that code, but it is something that I think will really contribute to my overall mental and emotional health. Despite that…

2) Be open for whatever (or whoever) comes along. Just because I don’t have a noise makers and a “Welcome my Knight in Shining Armor!” sign handy doesn’t mean I should completely rule out the possibility that the dimwit might walk into my life one of these days. Likewise, just because I’m not expecting an opportunity doesn’t mean I should completely bypass the ones that come by way.

3) Be independent. Or at least get to a point in my life when I don’t have to beg/ask my parents for a ride or money like I did when I was 12-years-old.

4) Cut loose dead weight. People, places, things, habits that otherwise get me down and really don’t have any positive and/or lasting influence in my life then don’t really need to be in my life. This particular number also includes things like “weight” and “fat.”

5) Be happy. Something that’s sometimes a little too hard to be because I’m too caught up being emo and pathetic and selfish to the point that I forget that there are worse things in life. When I once poured my soul to Zi* (Kai’s brother) about all the “horrible” things going on in my life, he simply nodded along, assured me that I was right to be upset, 

“But, you need to remember,” Zi said without a trace of humor. “That at least you have your health, and you have your life.”

Coming from the man who lost his father right when he was learning what it was to be one, it was a sufficient reality slap in the face. One that I will keep close to my heart when times get rough or I become too much like a brat.

Hello 2011. Please be gentle.

*name changed. But it’s pretty pointless by now. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment