So in the past 24 hours, my death-cough has pretty much mutated into a full-blown vocal coma. I pretty much can’t make a sentence of any kind without sounding like a lifetime-smoker with lung cancer.
Sexy, I know.
Aside from the vocal coma, I also woke up with the following:
Long, pretty hair that I don’t believe I’ve cut since around maybe sometime in late spring/early summer of 2010. Flashforward a few hours I find myself in front of a hairdresser’s mirror, listening to an electric razor nipping through said hair until she laid this down beside me:
Yup.
About 11 inches of hair…gone.
Not gonna lie, I had a bit of a titty attack. That of course doesn’t include what else my hairdresser snipped off to actually style my hair. The end result?
Voila!
A haircut shorter than the unfortunate Hair Debacle of 1996 when my Daddy cut my then-frizztastic hair from hell while it was straight and wet from the shower. (It was not pretty)
So…I’ve got super-short hair that I like to shake side to side like a bell and find myself running my fingers through my hair…until I realize that I don’t real have much hair to actually run my fingers through…
What a conundrum. I’m a little freaked, a little excited, and I’m still trying to figure out if this hair-length is capable of being pulled into a ponytail of some kind. It is, but considering that the back part of my hair pretty much about 3 inches long, it comes off looking like a really funky mullet.
Either way, good-bye to the old, may the new be better than the last.
I’ve always wanted to donate to Locks of Love, but I’d wanted to wait until something big happened. Turns out, nothing big happened, or it just wasn’t the right time, or whatever guy I was dating at the time liked me with long hair. (Shallow and pathetic, I know)
BUT, I did promise to cut off dead weight (and all that frizz probably has some craptastic karma from my previous relationships). So, I made my own “something big” event and chopped it all off.
It’s still in my house in a bag waiting to be mailed, but I do hope that someone gets to use it, and that it becomes part of something that’ll bring another human being comfort, if not joy.
So there, good-deed of the day/week (depending on how much human interaction I’ll be able to get).

No comments:
Post a Comment