I got a call from Rae, who asked me if a man she dated, Jason* who has also been an old friend of mine, was in her town. I thought it was kind of a silly question to ask me of all people since, practically, it’d make more sense to actually ask him. But, then I remembered that she dealt him some horrible level of emotional and psychological pain and pointed out that, while Jason did spend some time in her city, the last I’d heard from her about his situation, he’d long since left.
Yes, I realize this is a lot of he-said-she-said-that-he-might’ve-done-t his-thing crap. And all because Rae thought she saw Jason while she made out with her new man.
Some girls might envy that lucrative and juicy scenario.
I, on the other hand, am content to knit in my home thank you very much.
There’s just something about attempting to avoid your ex while you’re dating a new guy that reeks of “middle school drama.” And that’s a decade I’ve gratefully left behind.
*Clearly I'm not even trying anymore
Written 1/12/11

No comments:
Post a Comment