I got my ID badge today. I look like I’m in pain. Nicky says I look legit, and Mina laughingly insisted that it resembled more my sister than myself.
It’s pretty insane to realize that only 10 days will have passed between my interview and my first day on the job. The whole situation can be completely attributed to the fact that my interview was scheduled just prior to the monthly orientation, but regardless it’s all happening pretty fast.
I’m excited for the future yet I dread losing a lot of what I have had. I know I bitched a lot about how my life sucked when all I could do was rely on my parents and their money, but I’m sure in about a year I’ll wish I was back in that scenario, wishing that I didn’t have to pay for taxes and bills and insurance and maybe even missing my family should I choose to move out (very unlikely).
Because, really, look where I was a mere 52 days ago: essentially the same place I am now, except I’m about to take a high dive into a new world altogether. How insane is that? That, in a matter of less than two months, so much can happen, so much can change, and so much can be disserted and divulged? In one day alone, the world can change, why can’t one person?
Maybe it’s just mindless ranting because I’m trying to make this post prior to midnight today and that leaves me with barely half an hour to run on. But it’s just so much fun, to re-read what I have written and to imagine what I will write in the days to come. Between Day 1 and Day 50, I made two scarves, my “brothers” got over their bitch fit, and I finally found employment.
These little details and changes may not seem like much in the long run, but this blog has really re-introduced me to my first true, honest-to-God love of my life: writing.
Even if it’s posts with one paragraph or just pure crap for the day, every entry is like rediscovering that part of me that I honestly forgot existed; the me sans a significant other.
She’s not overly emotional, she’s not too erratic, but she’s still sarcastic and mean and she loves the people she doesn’t always like.
I think I like her.

No comments:
Post a Comment