So I have a lot of paperwork to do before my orientation for my new job.
Unfortunately, my orientation is next Monday, so I’ve got to fill out forms for things I never even knew existed and take a physical at some point prior to that date within this week.
…Yay me?
On that note, I’d like to point out that I’ve never had a job in my entire life, so things like “benefits” and “taxes” confuse me easily without even having to look at insurance policies that may or may not be asking me for my soul and I’d probably sign it just to get it away from my face.
I’m that bored with these papers already.
But apparently this is what “real life” is supposed to be about? Jason told me to just enjoy it, that getting the job was the hardest part and that the paperwork is just white noise…until next year’s tax season of course…
And I am enjoying it, or at least enjoying the prospect of the opportunities (and money) this job will bring with it. But, I worry. Can’t really help it; my brain’s wired to worry about the “What about this” scenarios.
So, I’m worried, slightly stressed, and overall pretty excited about the whole thing. There’s still a lot of stuff to take care of but I’m really looking forward to the entire process. In truth, it’s really the start of the rest of my life and I couldn’t be happier with that simple thought alone…

No comments:
Post a Comment