BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 75 My Preceptor Kinda Sucks


I’m going to rant now.

My preceptor is a little nuts. No, really, she’s Elliot’s godmother so he told me she’s gotten a little loopy in the past few years. Not to say she needs to be institutionalized, but there are definitely a few screwy things going on up there.

In any case, I get that this is a new job that I went to school to learn how to do, but there are a few things that I personally believe I should have some leeway on. Like, not knowing where every single fucking item is. Fact is, as a student, I barely got to use a handful of the items that are on my unit, so there are quite a few objects I can’t recognize, know of, let alone know where the fuck they are.

My preceptor, on the other hand, seems to believe that I’m capable of photographic memory and/or telepathy for me to know 1) what she’s talking about half the time and 2) where in the hell I’m supposed to find it.

So it’s frustrating to be reprimanded for things I’m not aware of ahead of time. I know, I know, I should  just make the effort to learn where everything is. And I do! I promise, I try. But you’d be surprised how much needs to be done in 12 hours and how frustrating it gets to keep up with all of it, especially when the person who’s supposed to be your guide has a tendency to disappear every time you turn around (like an effin nursing ninja!), or worse, tell you to do Activity A, and subsequently reprimand you for not doing Activity B.

It’s not fun, and while I can blame part of my bad mood and perception on my period and the hormones that are likely fucking with my feelings, I’m not so self-deprecating to think it’s all me. (It’s not)

But, tomorrow is my last day, so we’ll see how that goes.

Also, it’s late, I have another shift in about 8 hours, and my sister has yet to return home. I think I made the mistake of telling her this site’s address last night when I was too tired to fight her tipsy self.

Ah well…

No comments:

Post a Comment