Written 2/13/11
So I caught a glimpse of one of my exes.
And unlike the last time that I ran into one of those guys, it didn’t hurt or leave me all sad and dying inside. In fact, I laughed. Why?
Because he looked liked someone had smacked him with the ugly stick. And while it was such a superficial and, really, shallow factor, it made me feel shitloads better.
See, I’ve missed being in a relationship with this person, but seeing them “in the light” so to speak was a fantastic bitchslap of reality.
It’s like, I saw him, and then I saw how grossly unattractive he is, and then I laughed while I thought, “What the hell was I crying for anyway? This guy?”
And it made me feel a hell of a lot better, knowing I could think that way, without one bitter, angry thought in my mind, not having a multitude of flashbacks all at once or that feeling of missing someone.
Of course, it helped that he looked busted as fuck. A lot.
But yeah, I think I’m getting better. And that makes me very happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment