BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 111 Game On

I'm not a whore.

Yes, this is common knowledge and a fact that I actually lamented earlier on in this project since it minimized the actual level of challenge this entire project presented. Although now, I'm reconsidering this issue.

See, while I'm not (nor have ever been) a slut, I have severely missed the more...enjoyable aspects of my past male interactions. Yeah, yeah I know, I've been through this before. But I'd like to change things up a bit. See, it's okay that I miss sex and all that, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is something that I can separate from my usual mentality.

What I mean is: I think I can actually take a jog around the bases without caring about scoring. 

I used to think this was a ludicrous idea. As a Disney baby, I grew up believing that if you were remotely attracted to anyone, it meant you were in love with them and thus your happy ever after was just beyond the denouement of your fairly tale. The concepts of lust and adultery were beyond foreign: they just didn't exist in my brain. 

But now...not so much. Countless fashion magazines have been telling girls as young as 13 that guys "compartmentalize," fit things and aspects of their lives in such a way that the various degrees of their existence may not have to actually be in contact with each other. Like the boxes you pack when you're moving: you don't mix the china patterns with your bowling ball collection.

But what if you don't really give a crap about the china or the bowling balls? What if you're just moving to someplace new and the stuff you're packing into the trunk is just stuff? Once you diminish the impact of a factor, you stop paying so much attention at how it holds you back from things you want but are otherwise scared shitless of chasing after.

Long story short: I want to play. Now to find a toy...

No comments:

Post a Comment