BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 117 Push

I've recently gotten into spinning classes. 



Embarrassingly enough, because I'd like to grow an ass that I'd enjoy slapping in private...or public, whatever.

I realize this is a dream that will never be realized. Damn you ass-less Asian genes!!

Anyway, there's this one stretch of reps that the teacher does that really kills me; starting down on the seat, kicking up the resistance, sprinting, then standing up on the bike while still sprinting with the resistance before sitting back down while still sprinting. Now, you'd think that sitting down would make things a lot less painful, but the change in positions, isolating only a set of muscles instead of relying on your total weight like standing up, is actually pretty god-awful.

So it's bad, horrible even, and just barely straddles that line between "Yes, exercise!!" and "Omg I think I just broke a muscle." And  every time we do these reps, the teacher yells at us to kick up the resistance when we sit down, and "Push, push!!" Seriously, with the amount of times she says it, you'd think we were in a delivery room. 

But it helps, it motivates you over the booming music that you're desperately trying to match the pace. And when you're pushing, you're hurting. And when you're pushing and hurting, you're too busy wincing and still pushing and still hurting that you kind of forget that you're more heartbroken then you thought you ever could be again, probably about to be fired from the job you've had for less than 10 weeks, and just so beyond exhausted that you can barely squeeze out a few tears for the occasion.


I'm going to work again in about 7.5 hours for the fourth time this week and probably the last time ever. Why? Because I'm a bit of an idiot and even a suspension might be a bit of a godsend. Best part? I'm still too tired in every capacity to fully comprehend that I'm about to lose my only source of income. "Fucked" doesn't even come close, so I'm going to do the only thing you can do when the resistance kicks up. 


Push. Because stopping means you've given up. 


...and that your thighs will grow cellulite.


 
NEW to Taco Bell's Menu!!!



Today's ass-inine post brought to you by 36+ hours of work, 21 hours of actual rest (not necessarily sleep), and the realization that I really am an idiot. Gio quoted Einstein a few days ago (it might be longer, my concept of days and time has been a little skewed), 


"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."


Although, Theory of Relativity aside, I'm not sure how I feel about placing too much faith into a guy who married his cousin...

In short, I'm a short (hehe) insane idiot. No wonder I'm about to be axed.

No comments:

Post a Comment