BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 144 Pregnant Pause

Yeah what he said
For the first time in three months since I've started working, I found myself putting my last baby to sleep, staring at the clock, and realizing that it was only 10 pm.

Considering that I normally don't have a "break" until well after midnight, I couldn't help but widen my chinky little eyes to normal-size and think, "Amazing~!"


Anyway, I spent most of the time (and there was a lot of it) at work kind of listlessly moving about, hovering here and there and sadly staring at my monitors and partially hoping one of my baby's vital signs went funky so I could have something to do.


Thankfully, it didn't have to come to that since one of my coworkers pulled out a GRE book and I found myself explaining geometric angles and circle areas to a woman who hasn't taken a math class for the past dozen years...And I liked it. Now that I've been meandering with my life, trying to find a semblance of a purpose now that I've actually achieved my life's goal (yay wiping baby butts?),it was almost...nice to be able to fall so easily into step with the "problems" that felt more like puzzles I couldn't help but enjoy solving.


It's not like I haven't entertained the idea before. My university really pushed the idea of graduate school on my class and, while I enjoyed the idea of being an anesthetist or nurse practitioner, I knew I couldn't stand the idea of more school after graduating. So I didn't.


...and I don't think I will. Fact is, school bores the shit out of me. I'd take a hectic workday over any day sitting in class. Learning is great; I've always believed that the more you know, the better you're prepared at making decisions from everything you think to what you do. But I can't do it again anytime soon. Knowledge is fantastic, using it to actually do something is infinitely more fantastic.

And it was a nice thought, knowing that, while I have been occasionally bored/stressed/pissed because of work, I really am doing something good...even if it sometimes feels like glorified babysitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment