BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 145 Bare Necessity

Sometimes, your workday ends late, with one thing going wrong right after another. And at the end of it all, you walk away tired and frustrated, think you could cry but find that you just really wanting to vent instead. So you open your phone and flip through the numbers and, even though you call a few of them, you realize at the end of the conversations that it's not enough.

I've gotten better with being single. The more time I have away from relationships and the men in them, the more comfortable I am with accepting that I have crappy taste in guys and exceptionally poor timing. I don't miss the sex as much and find myself being elated that I don't have to constantly groom myself for someone else's ego. 


But on days like today, when you just want one person, not just any person, just one person all to yourself to stand unequivocally on your side and tell you it's okay...

Friends are great. And in the recent months, I find myself throwing myself into social get-togethers, making every effort to stay busy and active...and finding out that it's actually not that hard to do. And while I'm cool with that, sometimes, you really just want more than a friend. You want someone that does more than care about your crappy day...but someone who's actually invested in your happiness. 


I guess what I'm saying is I'm having a bad day, and I miss having someone on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment