BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 163 (Recall) For Every Good Night

The last 24 hours have been fantastic: worked out (twice), had a great night with great babies, got out super early, and the Miami Heat are up 3-1 against the Celtics in the playoffs.

Hellz yah
First, I have to point out that I am not a bandwagon fan. I grew up with basketball, whether it was my dad spending Saturdays playing with my Titos in front of our house or my mom screeching like a banshee for every close Heat game since 1994, and I grew up in Miami, which means I automatically rep any sports team that bears my city's name...except the 'Canes...because the Gators are better.

Bottom line, I've rooted for the Heat in every season...even when I disgustedly change the channel at their occasional failures because I hate to see my babies lose. But what I hate even more? Not being able to see them win...which is exactly what happened last night. And, in between having quite possibly one of the best nights on the unit that I've had since I've started working, I sent a silent half-wish that the Heat don't win Game 5 so that I can actually watch them destroy Boston on some other day...

Yes, I realize this is not a very loyal thought...but I like the Heat (even when they suck and I can't watch them anymore) and I hate the Celtics and I relish the thought that one more game means one more opportunity to potentially see Dwayne Wade dunk on Kenny G's face. Lord, what a vision-gasm that would be...


That said, my night was great last night, chances are, it's gonna suck holy dick tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment