BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 181 Sides

Mina knows this girl. Actually, she's a bit of a whore; an Indian Whore. Aaand that is how I'm going to refer to her from now on: the Indian Whore (IW).


Anyways, this IW is a bit a two-timing bitch. Like, the kind of a horrible friend who becomes even more horrible because she does horrible things and then has the nerve to be confused as to why she's being ostracized. I, for one, offerred to trip the IW and make it look like an accident.


Mina laughed, "No" but her eyes told me that if I did it, she wouldn't be mad. 


That started us talking about picking sides when it came to friends. Mina admitted that she'd be pissed off if her best friends even remotely contacted the IW; that it was kind of an unspoken sign of friendship and loyalty to hate whoever she hated...which I completely understood since the IW was just a slutty trollop...a slutrollop. 


But I like exercising some caution in that. In Mina's case, it's not like a lot of her close friends were close to the IW, so the chances of choosing between Mina's friendship or the IW's lies is hardly a choice in itself. I've said it before, how I feel about making people choose between friends. I mean, yes, it is a choice...but it's not quite a choice I want to force people into making. 


When Neil and I broke up, it was awkward for our friends, and I made the mistake the first time by treating him like thin air. Clearly, he wasn't invisible even if I choose to pretend otherwise, and it put everyone at our get-togethers in that severely awkward stage of glancing at each other desperately because they don't quite know how to take in the situation. 


Ultimately, it wasn't fun. For anyone remotely involved. And while I'd shun the IW if I ever had to see her again because I love Mina, I've forgone the expectation that my friends ought to despise whoever I do. If I reversed the situation, I should probably hate Elliot, avoid Cue, and pretend that Andre doesn't exist. And that just wouldn't be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment