BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 193 Oh Me Oh My

So...a while back, I was simply astounded by the fact that men worked at my hospital (i.e.: Day 164)


Being confined to essentially a (slightly grittier) nursery ruled by amazonian women in scrubs instead of loincloths made from animals they've skinned, I tend to forget that there are in fact men beyond the security-access doors. And today, this lovely, oh so lovely day, I was reminded of this...in folds.


...Starting with a surgery intern that looked like he was probably a shy nerd in high school and evolved to a hot beast of total suave-ness. Have I mentioned how hot I find hot dorks who don't even realize that they're hot? I mean, yes, the guy was talking to me about the poop on our baby's belly (ehehehe our baby), but hell if he couldn't make it sound like the hottest thing I've heard in a loooong time. In retrospect, I could just be very deprived of a male specimen that doesn't make eye contact with my nipples through my shirt, squint at me through beady eyes, bite his lip and go, "Oye, mami~"
-___________________-
Turns out, you actually can preemptively reject an entire subculture. In this case, it's not racism...it's having standards.

But... now, there are actual candidates for those standards! And they're in scrubs. Surgical ones. Really hot surgical scrubs that match their equally hot, clean-shaven faces that you just wanna rub when you pass by them. Lord. My friend Waldo from high school once coined the absolutely ghettofied word "fizzine" for, and I'm quoting here, 

"When someone's just beyond fine that they're," He sweeped his hand out and stared into the distance, "Fizzine."

At the time, I looked at Waldo like he was dumbass (This was a usual thing so I didn't feel too bad). I mean, who the hell comes up with such a word?? But this morning, the word kept popping up in my head as the baby doctors fresh from med school came out to play left and right. Sure, June heralds Hurricane season and we're overdue for a spectacularly horrible storm, and I'm on the list of first responders, and I'll likely die of a heat stroke when the power goes out...but for the moment, I love June, I love summer, pretty green scrubs, and the fizzine men walking around in them. 
"Thank you God, for the prettiness you've graced around me."

No comments:

Post a Comment