BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 264 Green to White

Yes, I am jealous. But not for the reason everyone seems to think. 


When exes move on with their lives, especially the one(s) that mattered most, it stings a bit. Can't really help it, getting a swift figurative kick in the guy seeing someone you had an emotional attachment with move on to have another more meaningful attachment with someone else is just one of those things hard-wired into the genomes of those of us who aren't psychopaths. 


So, yes, I am very jealous of my ex significant other(s)...'s significant other. 


See, some people can ridicule all you do for love (really, some of the stuff guys do makes you want to have a "WTF" sign sometimes). But really, at the end of the day, I think it's chivalrous and romantic. And really, nothing anyone else can say will make me think differently.


I'm jealous of the people who have someone that will rush to them in a heartbeat if they say the word... and I'm just a bit more jealous of the people who are willing to do the rushing. Being a largely selfish person myself, the idea of putting someone else's needs and wishes ahead of my own is so foreign a concept, that seeing it play out in front of me is a very wishful delight. I'm not jealous of my ex(es)... I'm jealous of any and every other person on this planet who has someone to call their own, someone to their side. Maybe "jealous" isn't even the right word... Maybe "hopeful" would be closer to the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment