BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 285 Superman's Birthday

"Where are we eating tonight?" The Baby asks me.


"Dad picked a place." I reply and, like I expected, the Baby pauses, clearly in shock.


See, my parents have this special dynamic: Dad makes the decisions for the family... Aaaand Mom makes the decisions for Dad.


So when Dad chooses a restaurant, the Baby is understandably befuddled.


"Like...he picked it?"


"Yup." I say proudly. 


"...not Mom?"


"Nope."


"...all by himself?" I laugh because she still sounds confused although there's a twinge of hope there in realizing that her full-grown father can make decisions for himself without deferring to his wife.


We smile throughout dinner and I'm struck by realizing that this is the first time in months that our entire family has gone out together. Between Dad working in the day, the Baby going to classes at random hours every night, and Mom and I working weird nights, there aren't that many instances when all of us are at home at the same time. So for us to be together at the same time at the same place, it's nice and it's happy and one of the few non-alcoholic checks I don't mind picking up...
Especially when they start singing happy birthday to Daddy in Japanese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment