BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 318 (Recall) The Hunt

For Halloween this year, Nicky, Susie and I decided to dress in a common theme. We thought over a few possibilities including a circus (because Nicky wanted a whip), Super Mario Brothers (because it's nerdy), or an indian tribe (so that we could sing Pocahontas songs all night).
I still like to believe that the second one was never made
Ultimately, after a severely failed attempt at trying on costumes, Nicky and Susie declared that we were going to make our own.  Now this is an issue because, 1) I have pretty much spent every Halloween of my life buying costumes which is fine because 2) I like to make as minimal effort into an outift I'm going to wear for one night of an entire year. I mean, it's Halloween! The whole point of it when you're an adult is to dress like skank without anyone judging you because "It's Halloween!"

Point is, once this mass decision was made, I took it upon myself to make sure I wouldn't even have to leave my house, searching for the trademark Mario Bros overalls online. Now, I knew from the start that there was no way in hell I was going for the legit overalls (I am NOT a farmer) so my search for "cute overalls shorts that don't make me look like a man" severely narrowed my field. With the meager findings I had, Nicky and I set off to search for whatever we could find in the mall, with the complete understanding that we were likely to fail in this search and ultimately order shorts with suspenders online at the end of the day.

...Imagine our super surprise to find out that stores were actually selling this shit!!
There's no point to this, we just both noticed this girl's underwear peeking out
What occurred in the next few hours was me and my beloved wife going in and out of stores, trying on overalls that were attempting some semblance of fashion. Some weren't half bad:
I had to crop out my other 3 chins
Yeah... I'm married to that :)
Surprisingly, we managed to find our costume overalls... but by that point we were so enthused over the amount of overalls-fails that we just kept going back to the dressing rooms to laugh our asses off at all of them...
including a set that made us feel like we had to get back out to the railroad ASAP
I included the smile because it was hilarious how uncomfortable she was in them
and a pair that drew too much attention to our crotches and, my personal favorite, the "hoodlum" overalls that we were sure some white girl was strutting with in a club somewhere, assured that it looked good on her (we have serious doubts on this thought).
All in all, the hunt was fantastically successful. A drunken Halloween is looking better by the minute~

Written 10.11.11

No comments:

Post a Comment