BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 337 (Recall) Treat

It's been a while so I recently suggested to my parents that we go out for dinner. 


We go the Olive Garden close by and as we take in the wonderful smell of pasta and melted cheese I can't help but hear Jason's condescending scoff in my head (he hates Olive Garden). Mom and Dad take the seat across from me and we're greeted by our waitress, a sweet lady with a light accent that reminds me of Nicky's mom... which makes sense since she's Indian-Jamaican too. 


Dad spends waaay too much time staring at other families (he's a bit of a creepy observer) and Mom is overly starving. But, as usual, by the time the salads, soups, and bread have gone through, we're completely stuffed and we barely make a dent in our respective meals, my fettucini alfredo, mom's seafood portofino, and dad's toscano steak (in retrospect, old men with gout should be banned from red meat).


Our waitress offers us wine and it's the only place that my family has ever gone and actually enjoyed the wine. Mom and I enjoy our Moscato and Dad takes on red wine (yet again, I feel as though I learned something in nursing school on not doing this to diabetic, hypertensive, and gouty men), a Roscato that I think I might actually learn to like. 
I tell them about the happy, fulfilling sides of my work and they both tell me to start investing... too bad I'm still working through my little book for the broke and fabulous. It's a nice dinner and I'm happy and relieved that I can see them both smiling together. 


Written 10.31.11

No comments:

Post a Comment