BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 348 (Recall) Drop

It has been hours since we've started. I'm exhausted, my feet hurt, and the antihistamines I've taken to keep my face from looking too much like a disgusting, inflamed mess are starting to take over and I want nothing more than to get back to the car in the parking lot and sleep. But the Baby is determined and stubborn so the search continues. Turns out, looking for white dresses isn't impossible; it's just a pain in the ass looking for the just-right style with the perfect fit in the shade that doesn't make her look washed out. By the time we finally sit to eat, we've gone through half a dozen stores without a smidge of luck and I'm mentally not even there anymore. 

Two hours later and ten stores later, the Baby pronounces, "I want to find a dress like _____."

She then turns around and finds it like God heard and delivered on the spot. 

The fit is right, she loves the style and I'm so relieved that we managed to get this that I practically grab the dress and dash to the counter before the Baby can change her mind. As the cashier rings it up, I take a moment to take it in: the lacy sleeves, the beading at the collar, the cream layer underneath the lace mesh. It's pretty and, more importantly, it's the dress the Baby will be wearing when she gives up our name. 

It's a thought that originally struck me with a good dose of fear, but now just leaves me... at peace. 

And, just like that, the rest of the outfit falls in place. The blazer fits perfectly, and we only have to visit one store before the Baby picks up the one pair that we walk out with. 

The Baby's getting married. And this outing makes it all the more real. And exciting. 


Written 11.11.11

No comments:

Post a Comment