So apparently, today was the perfect day to make a wish, the only time for the next century that it could be 11:11 am on a date shorted as 11/11/11. I'm sure the numbers aren't particularly meaningful, but humans as a species tend to find the symmetry in nature and it's rare and just even more precious to find it in time as well.
So a lot of people made a wish today around the same I was in bed, sleeping my life away. And, truth be told, even if I had been awake, I sincerely doubt I would've made a wish.
Fact is, I don't think God or the universe was choosing to listen today just because of the "perfect time on the perfect day." I don't think it's like the Godfather where just because you make the request at the convenient moment, it'll happen. I've long given up the idea that wishes and hopes come true because you ask a metaphysical being to make it so or because you happened to see a falling piece of debris re-enter the Earth's atmosphere.
I understand now that those things don't become real.. you have to make them real. You can't leave everything to the universe, after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment