So I had to spend most of my day sitting in a conference room listening to boring lectures. At some point, I faintly hallucinated that I never graduated and was back in college, trapped forever in a mundane existence.
..and then lunch was served and everything was great.
In truth, the lectures were boring, but there was something else too. Maybe it was just the day or the completely and utter boredom I was experiencing, but I got antsy. Not even jittery-antsy or the kind where I just wanna jump everywhere; I was just…listless.
Like, there was this big, thing hovering over me that I couldn’t shake off. I’m not gonna say it was a ‘cloud’ because then it’d sound like I was depressed and this really wasn’t the case. In fact, I was pretty motivated albeit bored throughout the day, motivated to do something.
I just couldn’t figure out what.
So I went shopping.
Well, to be more accurate, I went to the mall and entered every other store with a mild interest that seemed to dissipate within fifteen seconds of staring at merchandise. I guess the best way to put it is that I was having a bit of an ADD moment, but it’d be a lie. It wasn’t so much that I couldn’t pay attention, but that nothing could seem to hold mine.
Like, I don’t know, like I was grasping at thin air for something that I knew is supposed to be there to no avail. It’s weird; I haven’t had days like this before but there wasn’t anything really stopping me.
I called up my sister and pretty much went on a small shopping spree for her, with me picking up a few things on the side that she approved of(have I mentioned that the baby Sister dresses me because I have the fashion taste of a Teletubby?).
Considering what I’ve written about her this month I think anyone would be surprised that I’d be willing to buy anything for her. But you’d have to take into account that for four years she pretty much bought me clothes (that I could wear in public) and funded my (alcoholic) lifestyle. So getting her a pretty purse isn’t really much compared to the flatscreen TV she bought me as a graduation present or the money she put into my account so that I could buy something (alcohol) to cheer me up when I failed a big exam.
So pretty much, to sum up my day, I got bored and attempted to fill the void in my mentality by acquiring material possessions. (I told the Sister that I was turning into her. She laughed and agreed.)
When that didn’t work, I got my second piercing.
Yup. And when that didn’t really hit the spot, I hit the gym.
Hours later, I’m home, sweaty and not quite right for some reason. I keep feeling that there’s something I’m missing, that something’s out of place…
I guess, I feel odd. Like there’s this nagging thought in the back of my head that’s yelling at me from afar, but I can’t seem to make out the message…
My original title for this…”project” was “Dangers of Celibacy.”
Apparently those dangers include boredom, overspending and self-mutilation. See what happens when idle hands don’t have anything/one to play with??

No comments:
Post a Comment