I shot my hand with lidocaine today.
It was purely for “educational” purposes I swear, while I was on orientation to see what I was doing to patients. We’re supposed to slap them on kids if we’re about to put an IV on them so they’re not screaming from extreme pain. It’s supposed to last for about 30 minutes.
My hand was still numb 2 hours later.
It was kinda cool.
Also: we had to run codes today on creepy mannequin babies. They’re simulation labs that are supposed to teach us how to act when patients crash on us, but I spent most of it trying not to look too obvious when I was checking out the guy who was teaching the lesson. Seriously, clean and lean with these man-hands that looked really nice for some reason.
And yes, I am talking about admiring a man’s hands. After all, it was a lot better than outright staring at him. Then again, I could just dedicate myself to learning and re-learning codes to see his prettiness on a regular basis…
I also went to the gym, feeling really good about not being a complete fatass…which makes it kind of dumb that I’m going to be drinking my life away tomorrow morning.
I really need to learn better self-control.

No comments:
Post a Comment