I feel like dropping dead.
Yesterday I was feeling kinda funny but I shrugged it off, reasoning that I'd been a busy gal lately and all my workouts were finally catching up to my body. But the moment I woke up this morning, with chills, body aches, and a distinct impression that my airway was on its way to being compromised, I knew I was in trouble. The rest of the day would follow with me becoming gradually more miserable, developing headaches with my vision blurring just about every time I got up from my seat, and I found myself seeking all forms of warmth like a cold-blooded reptile desperately trying to avoid frostbite from a wintry 82 degrees!! [the horror!]
Needless to say, by the time my class let out, I was completely ready to fall asleep in my car and never wake up ever again. But, rationality won out in the end and I dragged my ass home before going to the ER at my nearby hospital, slapping on the bummiest clothes I could find with the biggest sweater I could disappear into and preparing myself for the hours-long wait to be seen and evaluated. I spent most of the time curling into my mother, demanding to be petted like a puppy, and wrapping myself as tight as I could against the frigid blast of the AC. Apparently, this last point wasn't a good idea as my first round of vitals gave my temperature at 103.2 degrees, increments away from the point when my cells are supposed to spontaneously combust (no, this doesn't really happen but something akin to it).

No comments:
Post a Comment