BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 190 One of Those Nights.

I'm going to rant a bit now.
There's a baby on my floor. Actually, scratch that. She's not a baby...she's just a miniature sumo wrestler who hasn't developed any cognitive skills yet.
P.S. This is an actual event
No really, this baby is humongous-ly obese so much that she's under a year old and pretty much needs a training bra because she's got so much effin' fat on her body that she's developed some legit boobies bigger than most Asian women will ever get in their lifetimes if they never birth children. Like, really; this baby was half my size and almost a third my weight. Seriously I bench less than what this fatty weighs.

So not only is this kid larger than most Ethiopian children's lives, but she's got a few issues; starting with spending the first few hours of her life not knowing if she was actually a "she" and ending with her having waaaaaaaaaaay too many openings made on her body, some of which you have to literally lift her folds of fats from to find because those layers are intense as fuck. 

...This was one of my babies last night. The other cried with a horrible, like disgustingly-awful pitch and decibel, made worse by the fact that she had a face literally only a mother could love [read: busted as woah~]...if she could find it under that fur of a unibrow on her head. Two words for this baby before she reaches waxable-age: Paper.bag. Suffice to say, I didn't get a full break last night because babies aren't like normal people who can follow directions and orders and generally not endanger their own lives.

It's nights like these that I forget that I'm actually a loving and kind person underneath my general judgmental-ness. But it's okay. Because one of my favorite babies wasn't on the unit anymore. Just the night before, I'd dreamt of his family, and him, and of them all leaving my hospital, finally going home after so long. And, while it made me a little happy that they were finally able to see the outside of a hospital together, it was little bittersweet that I won't be able to see them anymore...

Largely because the dad of the baby and I stood on opposite ends of the Heat Vs. Bulls playoffs. Ah well. Best wishes to them and to my other babies tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment