BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 201 See a Penny

For the past few weeks, I've been concerned about my friends. As I've said before, I've lost a few and held on to the others in the past few months. It had nothing to do with this project, but something that likely would've happened no matter what direction my life took this year. And even though I'm largely okay with this, there's still a part of me that's pretty sad that people who're important to me have drifted (willingly and/or otherwise) away from my life. 

Until I found this:

When someone says "You've changed" it simply means you've stopped living your life their way

And somehow this phrase makes me feel better. The way I figure it, if people drift away from each other, it's because one of them has decided that the relationship isn't worth it...or that the relationship isn't worth what it once stood for... like a penny: the sight of them used to make you happy because it meant you'd have luck for the day or you could throw it into a fountain and make a wish.

...until you got older and realized that, really, they're not worth much in the real world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment