BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 266 (Recall) Will You Pee on Me

I wake up really early to closed shades. When I don't hear the rain patter or the thunder crashes that I fell asleep to the night before, I venture to the windows and send out a silent prayer to Mama Nature, Please let it be sunny!! 


And lo and fucking behold! Sunlight!! 


 Ah, but not just any sunlight, it's broad daylight, stretching across the shore and slapping off the white facades of the buildings around us. I can't help but think that it's wonderful. Only belatedly will remember the rule of living in South Florida: Hurricanes suck up ugly weather like a shitastic Spirit Bomb prepping to do major pwnage... 
In yo' face beesh!!
...Which means that the sunny weather we strolled in was a precursor of things to come. 


But at the moment, feeling sand beneath my toes with a shade over my face, I can't help but think this is a perfect day. We lie in the shade for a while, ahead of a ghetto man talking too loudly into his phone behind us and a gourp of Italian tourists, and behind a set of UK-ers (I thought they were English, Becky figured Australian) and eventually, a quartet of very pretty Swedish boys... Or where they German? Whatever, point was, they were cute.


We encounter a few promoters coming across the beach, one political protestor with a dummy strapped on his chest and a recording playing loudly as he stomped by, and an old man who spoke broken English and stopped at several girls to tell them, "You are very beautiful." I genuinely feel that he came over to me simply because my top was half undone in my effort to evenly tan my tatas.
Eventually, I venture into the water and dip my toes into the Atlantic and try to remember the last time I had come to this particular place and felt this particular peace. I don't get to dwell on this thought for long though because that's around the time I see something resembling a plastic bag floating near the surface...


...Oh? That's a jellyfish? Bye bye Atlantic ocean...


Written 8.22.11

No comments:

Post a Comment