BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 270 Epicness

Sometime in college, I got addicted to Asian dramas. Yes, Asian dramas. No, not Asian soap operas because that's an entire genre altogether, but Asian dramas. It started with my interest in Hana Yori Dango and exponentially spiraled out of control from there.
From there, I went to Fated to Love You ("obsessed" would be an understatement)
And eventually gave in and accepted my fate in watching Korean dramas with cross-dressers, bad English-speakers, and so many unnecessary cliches and close-ups of Asian faces that I became too addicted to. 

Fuck this is pathetic. BOTTOM LINE: I got a little attached to a few shows over the past few years and rarely does a month pass by without me finding a new addiction that I eventually pass on to Nicky. As it turns out, I gave in to the masses and clicked on City Hunter, a popular Korean drama remake of a Japanese story that pretty much hit the peak of popularity because of the main star. I told myself to watch ONE episode and call it quits if the shit bored me to tears immediately afterwards.
1 hour, 4 minutes, and countless unnecessary ads later, I was hooked. Like, undeniably hooked. And it had nothing to do with the fact that the main lead is the Asian equivalent of hot with hair that covers more than half his face. I mean, the kid's dad dies, he gets kidnapped by his uncle, grows up in guerilla warfare as the son of a druglord, inadvertedly gets his only mother figure killed, and causes his dad to lose a leg after stepping on a land mine and having to remove shrapnel from his body without medication. IN THE FIRST EPISODE!! Even for an Asian drama, that shit was intense as fuck.


Needless to say, I got a little bit addicted (watching it on the unit when I had downtime) and felt the need to publicly declare my love and affection for this show and its inherent awesomeness to anyone who cares enough to read this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment